Dr. John Watts is the owner of the clinic and our reproduction specialist in small animals. He is the only reproduction specialist in small animals in Victoria, completing his PhD on Uterine Function and Dysfunction in bitches at Melbourne University in 1998. Reproduction consultations are available by appointment only. Please contact us on 97425556 and speak with one of our reproduction nurses for more information.
Our services include:
- Progesterone testing during a season
- Artificial insemination with fresh, chilled or frozen semen
- Processing and storage of chilled and frozen semen
- Semen collection and analysis
- Pregnancy diagnosis and assessment of expected litter
- Emergency caesarians
- Care of newborn puppies and kittens
- Advice with whelping and on call services for whelping bitches
- Investigation of male and female infertility
- Diagnosis and treatment of pyometra
- Termination of unwanted pregnancy
- Management of prostate disease
- Management of mammary disease including mammary tumours
To facilitate these services, we have specialised equipment including various types of endoscopes, a state of the art ultrasound machine and a CT scanner. This equipment can be used to catheterise the cervix of bitches, to collect samples of cells and bacteria from the uterus, to obtain X-rays of the uterus and to perform artificial insemination.